- Enhance the image of De Beers Jewellers whilst promoting the brand on all channels throughout the FR media landscape, bearing in mind the development and preservation of the brand image.
- Responsible for organising biannual press days, Haute Couture week presentations and press dinners, other local press events and press appointments throughout the year, to promote new collections and launches.
- Responsible for day-today PR: maintaining and developing PR relations, press release send outs, magazine shoot and press requests, celebrity/influencer shoot requests, pitching press for features and news stories on forthcoming launches, monitoring and reporting on PR coverage, organisation of mini press trips to London.
Develop and implement the Press and PR strategy for DBJ FR
- Work closely with the Communications Manager Europe to develop, plan and implement the yearly press strategy for the FR market, aligned with DBJ FR challenges and HO guidelines in a defined budget.
- Prepare a Press plan to combine product focus, brand stories and local activations to ensure the right and optimised visibility.
- Leverage international activations in London/elsewhere to create press trips where appropriate, with the aim of generating brand features.
- Collaborate closely with other Press key markets (UK & US) to leverage initiatives and share best-practices.
Maintain & develop key PR relationships with print and online media
- Maintain and develop the DBJ press listing to include strong contacts with the FR jewellery, fashion, accessories and luxury lifestyle press and also within the luxury goods industry, to generate and increase coverage in print, online and social media channels.
- Maintain and develop close relationships with FR jewellery and other key chief editors, journalists, stylists, influencers and celebrity agents, sharing DBJ news throughout the year. Attend PR appointments with the Communications Manager Europe where appropriate.
- Develop and strengthen close relationships with target media – national, regional and trade press as well as online, bloggers and influencers.
- Ensure the press is always fully informed of all DBJ initiatives and product launches and create product launch plans.
- Coordinate and host key press at DBJ events and product launches.
- Organise press trips where appropriate and budget depending, accompanying journalists and following up to maximise coverage opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager Europe and the Marketing Manager – France to inform them of the status of DBJ coverage in publications in which we advertise, so that they can monitor the ROI on our advertising investments and optimise accordingly.
- Responsible for press budget reporting and managing activity within budget.
- Monitor and optimise photoshooting procedures and budget.
- Build and monitor the costing of press activity on a yearly basis.
Secure and increase visibility on DBJ vs competition
- Maximise visibility on DBJ (bridal, fine jewellery collections, High Jewellery, new ad campaign, UN Women collaboration etc.) in close collaboration with the Communications Manager Europe, in both print and digital, with a multichannel approach. Ensure visibility throughout the year through main features, special issues (Jewellery, Luxury, Bridal, Christmas etc.) and photoshoots.
- Select and manage key press to attend DBJ events securing coverage, writing of pre and post press releases and briefing photographers.
- Arrange interviews with key DBJ spokespeople.
- Work on increasing DMR rankings consistently and integrating a multichannel approach.
- Draft presentations on key activity (launches, events) for the Communications Manager Europe.
- Foster and maintain close relationships with internal departments, informing the Communications Manager Europe about best coverage results or press/image related initiatives from competitors.
Influencers & celebrities
- Identify and build a strong and evolving network through close relationships with local influencers in various tiers, prioritising relationship lead activations, who fit the DBJ brand.
- Develop DBJ’s influencer relations to generate organic coverage and include loyal and performing influencers in seasonal campaigns
- Maintain and develop DBJ’s relations with Paris-based celebrity stylists and agents, with the aim of DBJ being top-of-mind for organic dressings during FR red carpet events: Cesars, Cannes, Deauville, Cabourg etc.
Working Experience & Education Requirements
- Degree level education.
- Significant experience in Press and PR in a luxury/jewellery environment (in-house or agency).
- Demonstrable experience of the French jewellery market and understanding of the international luxury industry essential.
- Demonstrable experience of building long-term relationships, developing networks and dealing with personalities/celebrities/VIP.
- Experience working with influencers & celebrities.
- Fluent written and spoken French and English.
- Fluency in any other language an advantage.
- Extremely well organised with acute attention to detail.
- Team Player
- Ability to work flexibly and diplomatically
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Creative / lateral thinker
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.